One of the best decisions you could make during a divorce would be to AVOID LITIGATION, if at all possible!. And if we haven’t said it enough, we will say it again: mediation is the answer!! We could go on and on about why litigation is something you should avoid, but instead we made a list for you:
- Litigation is very costly – like $30,000 – $35,000 more than mediation. That alone could make you steer in the opposite direction of litigation.
- Litigation is more likely to take years before a resolution, where in most cases, mediation only takes a few weeks to a few months.
- Litigation has someone else make the decision for you. In meditation you can help make that decision.
- Litigation involves the most conflict, if you are able to choose the most peaceful route, why wouldn’t you? Choose mediation.
- Litigation leaves little to no room for compromise. You are working against each other.
- The longer litigation carries on, the more frustrating it will be for all parties (and it can go on for a very long time).
- Litigation can cut time into not only your personal life, but your professional life. Because you have to do everything through a court of law, the times you meet aren’t always up to you.
- The emotional toll of litigation is often quite stressful, it can create a lot of anxiety, fear and anger.
- Litigation is often very unpredictable. Expect, the good, the bad, and the ugly.
- Litigation can be quite traumatizing for all parties, especially if there are children involved.
Now, don’t get us wrong, if your case needs to be solved using litigation, there is nothing wrong with that! If there are any cases of abuse or violence then it’s best to use litigation. We hope this helps you in your decision for resolution. Legal Boutique’s expert team of civil and family law mediators are here and ready to help answer your questions and guide you through our mediation process. Contact us today to get started.